76design is looking for a talented and experienced Senior PHP Web Developer to join our team and help make our agency even greater.
Interested candidates should email their CV and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should be prepared to work in collaboration with other developers, graphic designers, marketers and public relations experts towards the development and implementation of industry-leading communications solutions.
Here is an overview of the experience, qualifications and abilities we are looking for.
- Maintain visibility and respect in the online community
- Contribute to the development of the Studio’s culture and quality standards
Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Understanding of fundamentals of new marketing and communications principles
- A solid understanding of informational architecture practices
- Gathering, reviewing and validating project requirements
Skills and Assets
- Demonstrated experience with the following: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP5
- Experience with a modern MVC web framework like Zend Framework, Java Spring, etc.
- Background in web API programming; do you prefer api.twitter to twitter.com? code.google to google.com?
- Polylingual programming beyond PHP considered an asset (Java, .Net, Ruby, etc)
- Comfortable with use and function of a variety of modern CMS: WordPress, Drupal;
- Direct experience with social media tools and platforms, such as WordPress, Google+, Twitter, etc.
- Work with tiered deployment environments.
- Experience with a version control system like SVN.
- Experience with automated deployment using tools like Phing, Ant considered an asset.
- University degree in computer science or software engineering
- Use of OO and design patterns
- Working knowledge of web standards, SEO and accessibility
- Agency experience an asset
- A relentless and visible passion for and participation social and community engagement
- Experience and confidence presenting to clients
- Unix system maintenance, shell scripting
- Apache web server configuration, virtual host management
Super Bonus Points
- Experience with Microsoft SilverStripe CMS
- Experience with modern ORM such as Doctrine
- Knowledge of Apache Software Foundation Projects: Lucene / Mahout
Thornley Fallis Group, which consists of Thornley Fallis Communications, 76design and Corum, provides organizations with the tools, platforms and methods to succeed in the Connected Era.
Thornley Fallis Communications helps organizations solve business problems using leading-edge communications tools and practices.
76design creates the tools and online spaces that lead to remarkable experiences.
Corum provides a platform and methodology to build public engagement online.
What we offer our employees:
- The opportunity to create amazing work and solve our clients’ problems in the coolest ways possible.
- Coaching, training and career growth.
- Centrally-located, well-appointed office space that is easy to get to.
- A relaxed, collaborative and creative work environment.
- When you are here, we want you to be comfortable, so we provide Herman Miller chairs and large 24″ to 32″ flat screen monitors.
- You’ll never wonder how fresh that pot of coffee is. Our Starbucks coffee machine grinds fresh Starbucks coffee beans for every single cup and makes a tasty cup of cocoa.
- TGIF starts first thing in the morning with breakfast treats. In the afternoon, the team caps off the week by kicking back with a few drinks in office. Frequently, this spills over to one of the many nearby pubs and restaurants.
- You work hard, so we provide our team with a little extra time off to recharge the day before all long weekends and stat holidays, and between Christmas and New Year’s. Of course, this is in addition to your regular vacation time.
- While we expect everyone to arrive at the office at a reasonable hour, we don’t ask you to use an hour of vacation time to go to the dentist. We’ll trust you to make good decisions and organize yourself to get your work done on time.
- Oh yeah, and we’ll pay you too. We offer competitive salaries, attractive bonuses, recruitment and referral incentives, rewards for extra effort as well as a comprehensive medical and dental benefits program.